Minutes of Meetings
What is a School Council?
A School Council is a group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.What Does A Good School Council Do?
A good school council meets on a regular basis to discuss and sort out problems. These may include school lunches, behaviour or ideas for fundraising events.
What Jobs Are There?
In our school council, there are three main job titles – a chair, a secretary and a treasurer. The person who takes on a job role will change on a regular basis so that everyone on the council can have a go.A Good School Council Is One That Represents The Views Of All The Pupils And Gets Things Done!
These are some things that make our school council effective:
- Regular meetings, both with and without a member of staff
- A small but select council which represents Years 2-6 and has a spokesperson from each house team
- Good communication between the school council representative and their classes
- Confidence to lead assemblies
- Links to the School Governors and fundraising events