Burnside Primary School and Nursery
Currently 26 pupils and 3 staff have tested positive for COVID-19 since Monday 22nd November. 7 classes now have at least 1 positive case (some more) in the last 10 days:
RMW, 1R, 1M, 3L, 3T, 5S, 6C.
As previously stated we have always operated the school under amber control measures. We want to reduce the risk of infection transmission and keep as many pupils as possible attending school.
We are trying to take steps to reduce risk of infection while keeping as much the same for pupils as we can.
For parents, this means:
1. be extra cautious and alert to any changes in your child's health.
If you see symptoms of coronavirus, stop sending your child to school and check with a PCR test;
2. strict social distancing while on the school site, wear a mask when on the school site when dropping off and collecting your children,
3. wash hands as soon as pupils arrive at home after school.
In school, this means:
· We will seek agency (supply) cover and then fall-back on our own Higher-Level Teaching Assistants to cover teacher absence;
· childcare organised into year groups within a larger group, as much as possible;
· increasing hand-washing for all pupils on arrival, around break-time, before food and after lunch;
· classrooms ventilated with windows and doors open;
· additional deep cleaning of classrooms;
· increasing cleaning of all high-touch surfaces during the school day;