Pupil Premium Grant, Free School Meals
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 automatically receive a free school meal. However, if you receive any of the following benefits, your child may be entitled to the Pupil Premium Grant (including Burnside passport) and free school meals in Years 3 to Year 6:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- if your child is adopted from care
The passport gives you and your child access to additional funding and support in school.
If you think you are eligible for this please contact Mrs. Lemin, in the school office who can provide support in completing the application.