Today I have sent the children in Year 5K a letter from Public Health England. Please be aware the letter is only for the children in Year 5K due to now having higher cases in this class.
There is no need to worry as COVID numbers in most parts of the school are now very low. We will of course continue with all the precautions for the whole school which are as follows
- Children will be taught in class bubbles
- Children will clean their hands on entry and regularly during the school day
- Lunch will continue to be eaten in class bubbles either in the hall or in classrooms
- Whole school assemblies will not take place
- Whole school singing will not take place
- Maintain appropriate cleaning and ventilation
- staff will continue to test twice a week
- send information when a case is reported to us
- Conduct enhanced deep cleaning in classes with higher numbers of positive cases
- Conduct PE lessons outside when possible
- Moving all meetings/consultations to online platforms whenever possible
- Reverting to sharing some of our Christmas celebrations with you online
- Please assist us by observing social distancing guidelines when dropping off and collecting your child.
- Wearing a face covering when on the school site.
- Being watchful for changes in your child's health and testing where necessary.
- Not sending your child into school if they have any of the COVID symptoms.
I truly believe that working together we will continue to get through this challenging time.